Humanimal Trust Trustee
Join Humanimal Trust as a trustee or committee member and help improve the health of both humans and animals. We have several exciting vacancies and wish to expand Board and committee skills, experience and diversity.
I care - We care - Do you?
- We care about One Medicine – that humans and animals should benefit equitably from ground breaking medical progress and not at the expense of an animal’s life.
We care about all human and veterinary medical, and research professionals learning from and with each other, throughout their education and career, for the benefit all humans and animals.
We show we care through our ICARE workstreams
Influence - We care about bringing together everyone who knows and cares about One Medicine to create a road map for change in public policy and at the clinical coalface.
Collaboration - We care about creating opportunities to bring together human and veterinary professionals and students to learn from one another by demonstrating One Medicine at work.
Awareness - We care that everyone should know about benefits of One Medicine for humans and animals, about non-animal alternatives to laboratory models and about how much human and animal medicine can learn from one another, helping one day to make animal testing obsolete.
Research - We care about One Medicine research – funding it, encouraging it, supporting it, shouting about it – to benefit humans and animals.
Education - We care about every child learning what connects humans and animals; about veterinary and human medical students learning together and from one another; about professionals learning from their peers.
Whether you are an experienced trustee or considering your first trustee/committee role, we would love to hear from you. Our ambition is to promote an inclusive environment and demonstrate our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity. Therefore, we particularly welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
We are especially looking for one or more of the following, with a view to filling 2-3 trustee roles:
- Significant experience of charity governance, as a trustee or as a senior employee who has worked closely with charity Boards.
- Education sector.
- Legal background, particularly in Charity Law, probate, human or veterinary medicine and/or intellectual property.
- Digital marketing and communications, particularly fundraising.
- Volunteer recruitment, support and coordination.
- Human medical/clinical practice.
- Human or veterinary nursing.
Trustees are required to attend bimonthly evening Board meetings, an annual Away Day and occasional ad hoc meetings with the Chair of Trustees or senior staff.
How to apply
Please click the 'Apply for this job now' button to submit your CV and cover letter.
Please mention ACEVO when contacting us from this advert.