We are seeking a skilled and forward-thinking individual with a finance or accounting background to join the Board of Trustees of Lambeth and Southwark Mind as our new Treasurer.
A particular interest in mental health and in the delivery of mental health services within a local and diverse community would also be desirable. We will not give up until everyone in our community who is experiencing a mental health problem gets the help and respect they deserve.
The charity has a fulltime CEO who leads a dedicated team of salaried staff, who are aided by very committed volunteers and facilitators. There is also a team of 9 Trustees led by a Chair with a wide range of skills, in governance, law, finance, HR, communications and clinical skills.
Treasurer Trustee Responsibilities:
We are looking for someone who will be able to:
• lead on budgeting, banking, financial planning/reserving and accounting, liaising as necessary with the Board, the CEO, staff and auditors.
• ensure compliance with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements, financial and otherwise.
• work closely together with our CEO, Chair and the Board on financial matters.
• contribute to strategy planning to ensure the charity’s financial health such that it can maintain and develop its services into the future.
• contribute to the effective governance of the charity.
• demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.
• devote the necessary amount of time to the role.
Treasurer Trustee Requirements:
We are looking for someone with who has the following personal qualities:
• passion and commitment.
• communication and interpersonal skills.
• analytical skills.
• ability to work collaboratively and as part of a team.
We are looking for someone with financial or accounting qualifications and experience and it would also be desirable to have:
• Experience of charity governance and working with or as part of a Board of Trustees.
• Experience of charity finance, fundraising and pension schemes.
About Lambeth and Southwark Mind:
Lambeth and Southwark Mind is part a federation of over 100 local charities affiliated to National Mind. It has independent legal status and is responsible for its own funding and services. Its aim is to provide help for those in Lambeth and Southwark who experience mental health problems, which it achieves by providing a range of free services including the provision of information and signposting, peer support groups, and psychotherapy.
Duration of Term: Trustees serve a term of 3 years and are eligible for re- appointment up to a maximum of 3 terms.
Remuneration: The role is unremunerated, although expenses for travel may be claimed
Location: London and homeworking
• Attendance at 6 Board Meetings per annum
• Attendance at Sub-Committee meetings
• Reading and preparation for meetings
• A variable amount time fulfilling the responsibilities above
How to apply
To apply, please click the 'Apply for this job now' button. You will be redirected to the recruiter's Applicant Tracking System where you will be able to proceed with your application.
Closing date for applications: this is set for 12.00 midday Monday 5th July 2021 but we may bring this forward depending on the number of applications, so please do apply as soon as you can.
Strictly no agencies please.
We welcome applications from people who have lived experience of mental health problems and who have used our services and from those with diverse backgrounds. Lambeth and Southwark Mind is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Appointment is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check, references and meeting the Charity Commission’s eligibility requirements.
You may have experience of the following: Treasurer, Trustee, Charity Governance, Governance Manager, CFO, Finance Manager, Pensions, Accountant, ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW, Board Member, NED, Non-Executive Director, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Not for Profit, NFP, etc