JOB TITLE: Programme Director
REPORTS TO: Executive Director – Change & IT
DURATION: 2-year fixed contract
LOCATION: Role will be a blend of home and office working. Head Office – Central London
SALARY: Up to £125,000 (DOE) plus bonus and benenefits
Compass Executives are delighted to be exclusively partnering an award winning G15 Housing Association with their search for a Programme Director. This role will be a 2-year fixed contract.
The incoming individual will play a leadership role in a significant, group-wide change and transformation initiative across a number of cross functional, multi-discipline programmes of work / projects. This will result in significant improvements to customer experience, internal processes, IT and organisational design.
Our client is a residential property group in London and Southern England. They provide affordable, private and social rented homes, student, NHS and temporary accommodation, as well as supported housing and homes for older people. Their vision is simple - to improve people’s lives through high-quality homes and services.
The overarching remit of the Programme Director will be to;
- Represent the Group at the highest level, creating a consistent and positive image. Build strong and collaborative relationships with third party providers and senior stakeholders to ensure that the organisation achieves the right outcomes for the customer and business.
- Lead, develop and manage the programme team responsible for the delivery of the transformation project and ensure that all programmes and projects are managed within an industry standard project management framework to correct timescales and budgets
- Own revenue and capital budgets and ensure that expenditure stays within agreed budgetary limits
- Ensure that the necessary policies and procedures are in place and are properly developed, implemented, and controlled to achieve standards of delivery in all operational areas offering the best value to our customers
- Identify and contribute to opportunities for continuous improvement, development and growth in line with the Group’s strategic goals
The role holds responsibility for 4 direct reports (Head of; Programme Transformation, Programme Management and two Business Analysts) and 28 indirect reports.
Key internal contacts will be; Board & Committee Members, Executive Management Team, Operational Directors and employees at all levels within the organisation.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering cross-functional, multi-discipline IT programmes and projects that encompass people, process and technology
- Experience implementing ERP solutions (highly advantageous)
- Experience working with PowerObjects (HCL Technologies) desirable yet not mandatory
- Substantial Management & Leadership Experience at Director/Executive Director Level. A proven and highly successful track record leading others is essential
- Proven ability to implement industry standard project management methodologies and a proven technical grounding / understanding
- Executive level stakeholder relationship management and experience of 3rd party relationship management
- Previous responsibility for significant budgets
- Experience within a property/housing environment advantageous
Skills, Characteristics and Behaviours
- Outstanding stakeholder management ability
- Inspirational yet approachable and authentic
- Ability to harness strong and collaborative relationships across all levels
- Highly effective communication & leadership skills
- Great empathy for both colleagues and customers
- Positive, professional and willing
- Performance and outcomes focused
Our client holds places great importance behind their diversity and inclusion agenda. We therefore welcome applications from all sectors and backgrounds provided they can meet the requirements of the role.
To express interest in this unique position, click 'apply for this job now' to submit your CV to Compass Executives who executive search partner for this recruitment campaign.
A comprehensive information pack will be shared with candidates. This will provide a robust insight into the organisation, values, strategy and role requirements.
Closing date for applications: Monday 30th November 2020