Position: Portfolio Director
Organisation: Social Business Trust
Level: At least 8 years’ work experience
Reports to: CEO
Location: City of London
Employment: Full time (open to flexibility)
Start date: November 2017 onwards
Application: Please send CV and a one-page cover letter to us at email@example.com
Application deadline: Wednesday 18th October, 2017
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced, dynamic self-starter to join the senior leadership of an award-winning UK social investment and venture philanthropy fund. If you are energised by the prospect of working with the inspirational leaders of high-growth social enterprises and senior executives from world-class firms to achieve large-scale social impact, you could be the outstanding individual we want to join our high-performing team.
Social Business Trust (SBT) is a leading UK social investment and venture philanthropy fund, supporting some of the country’s most exciting and high growth social enterprises to scale-up and improve thousands more lives.
Working across multiple sectors, including youth and education, employment, mental health and financial exclusion, SBT has impacted the lives of over one million people in six years, providing £12 million of financial and in-kind professional support to scale up our portfolio of social enterprises.
SBT, a registered charity, was established in 2010 by Sir Damon Buffini, former founder and Chair of global investment firm, Permira and the highly experienced and successful social entrepreneur Adele Blakebrough MBE (CEO).
Key to SBT’s success is its ability to select social enterprises with the business model and internal capability required to grow rapidly and to match them with outstanding commercial expertise from leading corporate partners to help them achieve significant and sustainable growth.
SBT’s world-class corporate partners are Bain & Company, British Gas, Clifford Chance, Credit Suisse, EY, IBM, Permira and Thomson Reuters, and all have senior leaders who sit on the SBT Investment Committee.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, hands-on self-starter to be part of the high-performing Social Business Trust leadership team, working with some of the UK’s fastest growing social enterprises and interacting with some of the most influential business leaders in the country.
We are looking for a highly experienced candidate, who can join our senior leadership team, working closely with the CEO, Director of Partnerships & Operations and Director of External Affairs.
The candidate will manage SBT’s relationships with the social enterprises in our investment portfolio, working with their CEOs and management teams to support them to achieve scale and to ensure that the SBT portfolio delivers maximum social value.
The candidate will also work closely with SBT’s corporate partners and senior professionals in those firms on a regular basis, leveraging our partnerships to broker world-class business support enabling accelerated scale up of SBT’s social enterprises.
Portfolio and Investment Pipeline
- At least 8 years’ experience in industry, commerce, professional services, or the social sector with some management experience
- Comfortable working with business leaders, management teams and CEOs
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills, including ability to network and build lasting relationships with organisations
- Numerate and financially literate
- Experience of reviewing business plans and assessing operational strategies at an organisation/company level
- Due diligence experience is an advantage
- A keen interest in and some experience of social enterprises or the charity sector
The candidate must have the following attributes:
- Confident team leader, with the ability to work independently within a small
- Highly organised, reliable and measured in their approach
- Ability to manage and motivate their team, collaborate with the other Directors and manage upwards
- Flexible, open to any task and a good team player
- Personable and professional with a positive and enthusiastic outlook
- Hands-on, strong attention to detail with an ability to get things done
C. £60,000 per annum, to be discussed depending on experience and skills. SBT offers remuneration packages that are highly competitive within its sector.