The Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering (CIPHE) are seeking an Independent Trustee to join its Board of Trustees; this is a post for a volunteer.
The Board, through its Chairman, works in partnership with the Chief Executive Officer to help implement the strategic aims and optimise relationships between the Board, the Institute’s permanent staff and local volunteers. You will act as Vice Chairman, help formulate, monitor and review our strategic aims and ensure best practice in governance.
The CIPHE is a registered charity and a professional body of circa 7,200 members. It also has an international presence through its members in over 30 countries as well as the direct support of around 150 manufacturing and merchant companies within the plumbing and heating sector.
Applications are invited from those who are not members of the CIPHE, with an interest in public service and a passion for excellence who can demonstrate:
- Good questioning and listening skills
- Leadership skills gained in the community, business or workplace.
- Strong communication skills – working closely with a wide variety of organisations including Government.
- An understanding of how to set clear objectives and monitor performance.
- The ability to contribute to the formulation of the Institute’s strategic direction.
- An understanding of the political landscape facing the built environment
- Problem solving and analytical skills
The appointment, which will commence in June 2018, is for a maximum of two four year terms with a commitment to attend around five meetings a year. The role is unpaid but expenses may be claimed.
If you feel you possess the necessary skills to support the Institute as it embraces the technological and organisational challenges that face plumbing and heating engineering, please contact the Chief Executive Officer, Kevin Wellman, for an information pack at:
The Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering
64 Station Lane, Hornchurch
Essex, RM12 6NB
telephone: 01708 463115
Further details can be found on our website www.ciphe.org.uk
Closing date 18th May 2018