We are thrilled to be partnering with AMRC – The Association of Medical Research Charities to recruit to a new role Membership & Operations Director.
Who are the AMRC?
AMRC are a membership organisation dedicated to supporting medical research charities in saving and improving lives through research and innovation.
The AMRC represent over 150 charities including household names such as Cancer Research UK and the British Heart Foundation as well as smaller charities who invest in rare diseases and specific areas of unmet need.
Ensuring their member-charities fund the best research by developing guides, providing training, and carrying out an audit of their funding processes. The AMRC unite and champion the sector, helping to drive positive change in the research and health landscape.
Their mission is to bring together and support health and medical charities to produce high-quality research by influencing policy and research, and highlighting the sector’s contribution to patient and public health.
As Membership and Operations Director, you will report to the CEO and manage a small team (3), ensuring that AMRC is a forward-looking, well-run, efficient, and professional membership organisation.
- Lead on developing and delivering member services.
(Strategy, Services, Engagement, Process Improvement, and review)
- Oversee operations, including governance finance, HR and IT.
- Responsible for business operations including business planning, budgeting, and risk management.
- Identify potential areas for collaboration and increase connections between members with shared interests, developing new communities or special interest groups.
- Oversight of new digital project – an online community platform.
The successful candidate will have previous senior/strategic leadership experience, be relationship-focussed with an excellent track record of Membership-related operations.
Generous Benefits Package Includes:
- Pension: 6% contribution from AMRC, with employees a min. of 3%
- Life assurance: 3x salary, and death in service benefit after 3 months.
- Annual leave: 25 days, plus an extra day a year for every year of employment up 30 days; In addition, the office closes between Christmas and New Year, you will also be given your birthday off, and we offer flexibility when you take up to four bank holidays
- Enhanced leave including maternity pay, enhanced sickness pay, carer’s leave, compassionate leave, volunteering leave, paid jury service
- Hybrid working: minimum 20% in office per calendar month, monthly all staff days
- Flexible working
- Wellbeing support: Employee Assistance Programme, eye tests, well-being days
Interest free season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme
- Support for training and development
If you have extensive Membership management experience, well-honed project management skills, with the aptitude for a varied leadership role encompassing business operations, alongside strategic membership operations, we would love to hear from you.
Closing date: Sunday 25th Feb 2024 (but don’t hesitate to apply sooner)
Interview: w/c 4th March 2024
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with the skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.
Please mention ACEVO Jobs when applying for this role.