Centre for Mental Health is a registered charity with a trading arm, established 35 years ago and governed by a vibrant group of Trustees. The Centre’s expertise in research and policy analysis has been instrumental in achieving better mental health services and lasting improvements in emotional wellbeing nationally and internationally.
Our Treasurer has reached the end of a very successful term and we are seeking someone with board experience, an accountancy qualification and a desire to see improved mental health for adults and children, to help us continue our essential work.
The new Treasurer will join our Chair, Dame Sue Bailey, and seven other Trustees in monitoring the quality and progress of the Centre’s strategic and operational plans, ensuring that we achieve sufficient financial resources for our work and maintain reserves.
The Treasurer has some specific responsibilities:
- To chair the Finance and Audit committee
- To review the budgets, accounts and financial statements in liaison with the Financial Controller and CEO
- To ensure that appropriate accounting policies, procedures and controls are in place
- To ensure that accurate financial reports are presented at every regular Board meeting
- To advise on the selection of the auditors and their remuneration
- To keep the Board informed about its financial duties
The Treasurer attends board meetings four times per year, one of which is an extended away day. In addition she/he chairs the finance committee between four and eight times a year and the remuneration committee once per year. All meetings are during the daytime.
- We welcome applicants with personal experience of mental health problems and our aim is to increase the visible and invisible diversity of our board.
- Closing date for applications: midnight Sunday 22nd November
- A detailed role description is available at https://www.centreformentalhealth.org.uk/about-us/jobs
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview on 3rd or 9th December.
Click 'apply for this job now' to send a CV and covering letter outlining your interest in the position and what you could bring to the role.
For further information contact Jan Hutchinson tel: 07890 519302 email: email@example.com