QVT is in a period of expansion and the next five years will see the organisation grow rapidly. As well as increasing our reach we want to improve the quality of the services we provide to our clients. We need a talented, forward-thinking Head of Finance to support the Chief Executive Officer and work within the Senior Leadership Team to achieve the goals of our strategic plan and make QVT outstanding in every area.
- Financial management – reporting, budgets, forecast, supporting the organisation in decision-making, annual accounts and audit
- Financial accounting – maintain accounting records, supplier payments and credit control
- Strategy – work with the SLT to produce and update strategy; specific responsibility for financial plan; prepare and maintain implementation plan
- Risk – own the risk register and report to trustees on changes
- Governance – work with trustees to ensure good governance utilising Charity Commission and NCVO tools
- Property leases – negotiate new leases, support Head of Operations; renew existing leases; work with lawyers
- New business – work with CEO and Head of Operations on new business opportunities; prepare proposals for trustees
- Client licenses – manage all aspects of client license documentation, to include communication with local authorities responsible for funding residents
- Pricing – set and maintain Housing Benefit, Service Charge and rents
- IT – manage all aspects of IT; work with third party support company
- Insurance – renew insurance; ensure adequate cover in place
- Trustees – develop good relationships with Trustees, notably Chair of Audit Committee. Prepare Trustee reports, attend meetings and provide required information
- External relationships – maintain good relations with lawyers, auditors, bankers, insurance broker and all stakeholders, internal and external
- Manage the Finance Team, including all aspects of recruitment, supervision and learning and development
To view the full job description, please visit our website: Vacancies - Quo Vadis Trust (qvt.org.uk)
How to apply
If you would like to be a part of the QVT team and help make a difference, please click the 'Apply for this job now' button to submit your CV and cover letter. Should you have any questions on the position, please contact our recruitment team.
Pension scheme; Health Care Plan; Free access to bereavement and stress helplines; Free flu jabs / eye tests; ‘Recommend a friend’ bonus; Generous holiday allowance; Birthday Leave; Training and qualifications offered; Free life insurance; Opportunities for career progression and experience working within multi-disciplinary teams.
30th November 2021. This vacancy may close sooner should a suitable candidate be found.