ACEVO, the membership network for civil society leaders, is looking for an experienced, capable finance colleague to join our small, vibrant team as our head of finance and operations.
We want a leader who shares both our vision of supporting and inspiring fellow civil society leaders, and our values of being member-driven, connected, ambitious and honest. You'll be good with all areas of finance, from budgeting to management accounts. You’ll be comfortable reporting to colleagues and liaising with the board, and managing our year end audit. You’ll be eager to use your knowledge and experience to work with the team to deliver our strategy.
You'll be an approachable manager who knows how to bring out the best in people. You'll be keen to play an active part in our senior management team to help shape and drive our activities. And you'll be flexible to be able to switch between accounts and IT, or between governance and HR.
We’re looking for
- A CCAB/CIMA qualified accountant
- Experience of financial management including supervision of the key financial processing functions
- Knowledge and understanding of budgeting and financial planning
- Experience of providing management accounts
- Experience of staff management, performance review and recruitment
Also good, but not essential are:
- Experience of preparing statutory accounts in SORP format
- Experience of working with a charity’s trading subsidiary
- Experience of dealing with governance, and working with non-executive boards
- Experience of dealing with contracts and business relations
This is a full-time role ideally covering normal office hours, although flexible working will be considered. We’re offering a salary of £50k, 28 days’ holiday a year and good pension benefits. In our most recent staff survey, 100% of our team said they enjoy their job and would recommend ACEVO as a great place to work.
How to apply
You can apply for the role by clicking the 'Apply for this job now' button.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Sunday 27 June. If you’d like more information, you can download or view the job pack on our website with a full job description and information about ACEVO and our team.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a Zoom-based interview on Monday 5 and Wednesday 7 July, with second interviews for finalists being held on 13 July (this may be face-to-face if circumstances permit). If you would like to discuss the role before applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to arrange a phone chat.