Demelza Hospice Care for Children is a leading children’s hospice charity that provides care for babies, children and young people with life-limiting, complex conditions, and their families.
Demelza supports families across Kent, South East London and East Sussex, providing specialist care and emotional support from diagnosis, during day to day family life, times of crisis, end of life and through bereavement.
As Director of Care this is a great opportunity to lead the care service of one of the UK’s largest and most innovative children’s hospice services. As a key member of the Senior Leadership Team you will lead on strategic development and delivery of Demelza’s high-quality services, exhibiting a clear passion and commitment for the work. You will be an inspiring manager who has worked in a clinical environment and have exceptional leadership skills and demonstrable experience of leading successful services for children with complex health and social care needs within a multi-disciplinary team.
Working alongside the Senior Leadership Team, you will also contribute to the wider strategic development of the organisation and ensure Demelza is at the forefront of, and learning from, developments in children and young people’s palliative care initiatives and research.
If you have a passion for children’s palliative care and a desire to influence and have an impact on the way care services are delivered, this is an exciting time to join the organisation as it continues to deliver on its ambitious corporate strategy that meets the needs of the rising demand for its services. If you are ready to bring your expertise, passion and energy to this organisation, then we look forward to hearing from you.
- Closing date for applications: 8th April 2020
- Preliminary interviews with Compass Executives: w/c 20th April 2020
- First stage interviews with Demelza: w/c 20th April
- Final stage interviews with Demelza: 14th May 2020
Applications should consist of:
- A full CV
- A covering letter (maximum of 2 pages) setting out your interest in the role and details of how you match the experience criteria of the person specification.
- Please include current salary details and the names and addresses of two referees. Referees will not be approached until the final stages and not without prior permission from candidates.
All candidates are also requested to complete and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form.
View candidate micro-site for further information and person specification.
Click 'apply for this job now' to submit your application.