ACEVO is the network for social sector CEOs, here to inspire and support our members throughout their careers, to help them create the biggest possible difference.
Over the past few years, ACEVO has been delivering on ambitious plans to develop all its digital platforms and data systems, shifting from a one-size fits all approach to membership to a content-driven and member-centric focus. You will continue to drive forward to this approach, contributing to the effective delivery of our strategic objectives for 2022-2025 while demonstrating our values of being member-driven, connected, ambitious, honest.
You will primarily:
- Maintain and develop ACEVO’s Salesforce CRM system, providing support on the system to the ACEVO team.
- Lead on all ACEVO’s digital and data enhancement projects and processes from a technical perspective from initial concept mapping to detailed implementation.
- Oversee the integration of all ACEVO’s digital and data platforms (website, CRM, CMS, community hub etc.) and improve the flow of information between them all.
- Develop our digital platforms to ensure our digital presence is constantly improving and consistent with our brand and values.
- Ensure and advise on correct standards of data management.
- Maintain data quality across all systems.
- Suggest and implement system enhancements to support new and existing business processes and member services.
- Identify and manage external resources, consultants, and suppliers, as necessary.
You will be:
- able to see the ‘big picture’ identifying implications of decisions and actions.
- an analytical and critical thinker willing to challenge and probe to understand needs.
- positive with a ‘can do’ approach, self-motivated and committed.
- able to take ownership of projects, anticipating problems and offering solutions.
- highly organised in managing workload effectively and independently but flexible with the ability to re-prioritise work accordingly if required.
- a team player who can communicate technical and data issues in a simple way.
The position is full time, but we welcome applications from people seeking flexible working or from job-share applicants. You will be home based but with occasional visits to London to meet up with the team.
We’re offering a salary of £40k, 28 days holiday a year (plus bank holidays) and good pension benefits. In our most recent staff survey, 100% of our team said they enjoy their job and would recommend ACEVO as a great place to work.
How to apply
You can apply for the role by clicking the 'Apply for this job now' button.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Sunday 31 October. For more in-depth information on the role, the organisation or our team, download the full job pack here.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a Zoom-based interview and technical test during week beginning 8 November with second interviews for finalists being held face-to-face (if circumstances permit) during week beginning 15 November. If you would like to discuss the role before applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a phone chat.