West Kent Mind is a growing and ambitious mental health charity affiliated to national Mind. After eight successful years as our Chief Executive Jill Roberts has told us that she will be leaving in March 2019 to pursue adventures abroad.
We now want to recruit a new CEO with the drive and commitment to lead the charity through its next phase of development.
It is an exciting time to join our charity. The profile of mental health and wellbeing has never been higher, so more people feel able to ask for help. There is a growing recognition that early intervention is key to preventing mental health problems develop, and that people can and do recover from mental health problems.
Alongside the positives there are still many challenges for people experiencing mental health problems. Although stigma and discrimination are less prevalent these days, there is still much to be done to achieve full equality of opportunity and social inclusion.
We want our new Chief Executive to continue to grow our revenue so that West Kent Mind can meet the individual needs and hopes of even more people with a mental health problem. We want to increase our early intervention and prevention work, as well as equip communities with the skills and knowledge they need to support their friends, colleagues, students, employees and clients.
To ensure that we can achieve our ambitions we are looking for an inspirational Chief Executive who shares our vision and values and who wants to work with and lead our great team, maintain and develop productive relationships with our many stakeholders, and who thrives on making a positive difference for the people we serve.
If you feel excited by this opportunity and think you have what we are looking for, we very much look forward to receiving your application.
Closing date for applications: midday on Monday 17 December 2018
Telephone interviews for long listed candidates: Monday 7 January 2019
Final interviews for shortlisted candidates: Tuesday 8 January 2019
To provide inspirational leadership and vision in relation to all strategic and operational aspects of the organisation, including policy development, service development, fundraising, communications, and governance. This includes developing policies and strategies for the approval of the Board of Trustees to meet the needs of clients, employees and providers of funding. Engage effectively with partners, funders and others in order to promote the mission and charitable objects of the organisation, and to maintain and grow its excellent reputation in the mental health sector.
- To lead on the creation and implementation of the strategic plan and annual business plan ensuring the effective engagement of key stakeholders in this process, including staff, volunteers and clients.
- To ensure the effective performance management of the organisation and the services it delivers.
- To ensure robust financial management including the setting and management of the annual budget.
- To ensure that key risks are identified and managed.
- To build positive and productive cross sector relationships.
- To represent and promote West Kent Mind at high level external meetings and events including with commissioners, supporters, local authorities, the NHS, private sector providers, voluntary sector, the media and the wider public.
- To manage and support the management team and to ensure that all staff and volunteers have regular support, supervision and an annual appraisal.
- To ensure a positive and productive culture in the workplace by listening to stakeholder opinions, making adjustments as necessary, and recognising the team's accomplishments.
- To ensure that West Kent Mind meets the quality standards of national Mind.
- To oversee all grants and contracts, ensuring that they are delivered on time and within budget and that reports back to funders are accurate and timely.
- To develop new services and access new funds to ensure that West Kent Mind continues to grow and thrive.
- To provide timely and accurate reports to the Board to enable them to make informed decisions.
- To raise the profile and standing of West Kent Mind in the wider community ensuring that its reputation continues to grow.
- To ensure that West Kent Mind delivers its mission and purpose.
- To keep up with current trends in the sector and modern business practices by engaging with peers and maintaining up-to-date knowledge.
- To maintain regular, timely and appropriate engagement with the Board of Trustees, and to ensure that it is equipped to fulfil its role in the governance of the organisation effectively.
- To ensure the organisation has a culture, policies and practices that promote the health & safety and wellbeing of employees, clients, volunteers, trustees and others.
- Any other activities commensurate with the role which may be required or requested by the board to ensure the effective management of the organisation.