The Chief Executive Officer will lead strategic direction of Level Playing Field (“LPF”) in order to meet its objectives and to ensure that the charity continues to operate within a framework of effective governance.
Who we are
LPF is a registered charity, with key aims and objectives of ensuring that football and other live sporting events are fully accessible, inclusive and welcoming to all fans in England and Wales.
LPF operates predominately within football, but also undertakes work within rugby union, rugby league, cricket as well as other sports. LPF continues to work closely with governing bodies, clubs and venues to ensure access for all and an inclusive match day experience.
The appointee will:
· Implement the LPF strategic business plan working in conjunction with the Trustees and key stakeholders.
· Manage LPF effectively, ensuring that financial security is maintained and assets managed and protected.
· Develop and maintain a framework for evaluation and monitoring reporting, particularly with regard to the implementation of a new CRM and membership offer.
· Lead the development of the campaigning plan, working in partnership with the Trustees and key stakeholders.
· Further develop the media and communication (including digital) strategy
· Take overall responsibility for achieving, monitoring and reporting on performance against internal and external targets in all areas of LPF activities.
· Ensure effective financial management and robust governance, together with leading a small experienced team.
Requirements for the role
· Prior experience in a leadership role, with evidence of strategic thinking and decision making.
· Proven expertise in the management and motivation of high performing teams.
· Knowledge and experience in managing budgets.
· Experience of strategic partnership development.
· Knowledge of football and other sports.
· Excellent written and verbal skills, including the ability to present to a wide variety of audiences.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop/maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
· Must have a flexible and collaborative approach to work.
· A strategic thinker with the ability to grasp requirements quickly and accurately.
· Resilient, calm, charismatic, influential, tactful, diplomatic and innovative.
· Demonstrate entrepreneurial flare and commercial awareness.
· Friendly and approachable.