Chief Executive Officer of Charity Taunton/ Bristol Up to circa £48 k We are pleased to be working with Swan Advocacy to help them recruit a new Chief Executive Officer. The existing incumbent is retiring and is very pleased that a new CEO in this role will find the organisation in good order and ready for its onward journey.
Swan Advocacy have been delivering their unique model of free and independent advocacy since 1999 and in that time they have already supported over 12,000 disadvantaged people.
Their advocacy services offer a range of advocates with specialist knowledge, skills and expertise to support the residents in their communities to understand their rights, express their views and empower them to speak up for themselves.
Swan is committed to supporting the residents in these communities, with the highest quality of free and independent advocacy support enabling them to make their own decisions and remain in control of their lives. The Overall Purpose of the CEO role
- The CEO is responsible for leading Swan Advocacy, ensuring the organisation is able to meet its aspirations to provide independent advocacy to all those who can benefit. The CEO will maintain and develop the culture of Swan so that it remains responsive to the needs of its clients and delivers excellence in all it does. The role will be primarily based in Taunton although there will be travel involved, particularly in the south west region. The role requires the post holder to meet the requirements of a DBS check.
- Substantial experience at senior management level preferably including the Not For Profit/Charity Sector
- Financial management experience including contract delivery, full cost recovery, risk management, budgeting and income generation
- A good understanding of the process of management
- Understanding of the health and social care systems
- Understanding of issues facing charities in current environment
- Good understanding of governance issues in the charity and not for profit sector
- Good knowledge of personnel management and HR issues
- A good understanding of the application of information technology to delivering effective services
- Leadership, management and team building
- Excellent people management including effective delegation and good listening skills
- Time management and prioritisation
- Communication and presentation
- Leading the winning of bids for funds and tenders
- Contract delivery, business planning and financial management
- Organisational development
- Good understanding of business development and delivery in this sector.
If you are interested in this diverse and interesting role, where you will be working with, leading and inspiring a focussed and dedicated team of employees and volunteers, please apply today. We are looking forward to hearing from you! We intend to conduct first interviews in the early part of June so please apply without delay!
The next stage of the process is to submit your CV, in MSWord format, and a two-page letter explaining why you could be the person our client needs as its next CEO.
Please email your CV and letter to Jayne Johnson at Better People Ltd
Looking forward to hearing from you!