Chief Executive Officer
- Job Reference: ACGVK1010/GW-HL
- Date posted: 29 August 2019
- Recruiter: Student Christian Movement
- Location: Birmingham
- Salary: £35,000 to £40,000
- Sector: Faith-Based
- Job type: Permanent
- Work hours: Full Time
Chief Executive Officer
Birmingham, West Midlands
£35,000 - £40,000 per year
As part of our exciting development, the Student Christian Movement wishes to appoint a CEO to lead the organisation. We are looking for a dynamic and motivated person who can provide strategic leadership, raise our profile, and oversee fundraising to support the growth of the movement. Together with the Operations Manager, the CEO will support and develop a talented staff team.
The ideal candidate will enjoy networking, acting as a confident ambassador of the organisation, and will be adept at promoting organisations with marketing flair. Our CEO will be a successful manager of teams, creating high levels of motivation and ensuring financial targets are met.
We particularly welcome applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic and LGBTQ+ individuals who are currently underrepresented in the organisation.
Purpose of the role
The Chief Executive Officer will work with the Trustees to develop and lead on the strategic direction of the charity, ensuring that SCM’s vision is realised in line with our values. The CEO will take the lead in developing the profile, influence and funding of the organisation.
The CEO along with the Operations Manager make up the senior staff team of the organisation, with the Operations Manager leading the implementation of the organisational strategy. It is important that these two roles complement and support each other to lead the organisation successfully.
Summary of key areas of responsibility
Working closely with the Trustees, the Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for ensuring the continued growth of the charity and overseeing the management of SCM, taking responsibility for implementing the agreed strategies and setting priorities. The role has a particular emphasis on raising the profile of the organisation and generating funds. The main duties of the post include:
- Providing strategic leadership of SCM’s work, including developing and ensuring implementation of the strategic plan once agreed with the Trustees
- Representing the movement at a national and international level to raise the profile of SCM.
- Managing and enhancing the reputation of SCM
- Developing and overseeing the delivery of a marketing and PR plan to significantly increase the profile and membership of SCM
- Leading the staff team, with direct management of the Operations Manager and Fundraising staff
- Overseeing SCM’s fundraising work to ensure the sustainability of the organisation
- Having strategic oversight of the financial management of the charity and setting priorities
- Developing and maintaining successful partnerships with funders, other like-minded organisations, national church bodies and stakeholders
- Maintaining good proactive communication with the trustees, who are students or recent graduates; the Council of Reference; and other relevant bodies
- Supporting the trustees in ensuring good governance
- Taking responsibility for Safeguarding across the organisation
- Reporting at trustee meetings and attending other meetings as necessary
A flexible approach will be required for the role, as additional responsibilities may occur from time to time. The role will require some travel across Britain for which reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed.
To apply for the role of Chief Executive Officer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
This role would be suitable for those who have held the role of Chief Executive Officer, CEO, Managing Director, Senior Director, Board Member, Charity Trustee, Operations Director, COO, Chief Operations Officer, or MD.