Do you share our passion for combating poverty and hunger? Join us in helping to change lives.
Hammersmith and Fulham Foodbank are looking for a committed Chief Executive to lead our dynamic and innovative Foodbank and to improve the lives of people in our community.
During the Covid-19 outbreak, we are delivering our services differently for the short to medium term. Our staff and volunteers are working from a distribution centre and we are delivering food to clients. We will go back to working in our office and Foodbank centres when it is safe to do so; therefore, this role may at the outset include working from the distribution centre, our offices and/or partly from home.
- Work with the Board of Trustees to lead the strategic development of the Foodbank
- Ensure effective operations and delivery of services to clients
- Inspire, motivate and engage the staff and volunteer team
- Identify, manage and develop stakeholder relationships
- Identify and apply for funds to ensure the financial stability of the Foodbank
- Develop and ensure implementation of marketing strategy and plans
- Ensure health & safety, safeguarding and quality assurance is maintained
- Experience of organisation management
- Experience of leading and managing staff and volunteer teams
- Leadership and strategic awareness, including developing long-term plans
- Experience of writing reports, delivering presentations and networking
- A keen interest in identifying new opportunities and approaches
- Commitment to social justice and tackling poverty
- Empathetic, with the ability to work with a diverse range of people
About Hammersmith and Fulham Foodbank
We are the Hammersmith and Fulham Foodbank, an independent charity, and proud member of the Trussell Trust Foodbank Network, providing a range of essential services for people who need help in our community. Our mission is the prevention and relief from poverty. But we don’t ‘just’ provide food. We know that by the time someone comes to the Foodbank, there may be wider issues needing support; which is why we also offer professional advice through our partners at H&F Citizens Advice and H&F Law Centre. We offer free talking therapies, deliver Eat Well Spend Less Courses and run an art class and holiday clubs We believe in helping ‘the whole person’ when possible and aim to respond quickly to the needs we see around us.
Hammersmith and Fulham Foodbank is an Equal Opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all staff and volunteers. We serve a diverse part of London and we would particularly welcome applications from residents of Hammersmith and Fulham.
We are a charity founded in Christian principles and, while this is not an essential criterion, we would welcome applications from candidates who are of Christian faith.
You are required to have the right to work in the U.K. An Enhanced Criminal Records check is needed for this role as we work with vulnerable people in society.
How to apply
To apply, please click the 'Apply for this job now' button. You will be redirected to the recruiter's Applicant Tracking System where you will be asked to upload your CV and provide your responses to competency-based questions.
Closing date for applications
This is set for 23rd June, but we may bring this forward depending on the number of applications, so please do apply as soon as you can.
Strictly no agencies.
You may have experience of the following: Chief Executive Officer, CEO, Operations Director, Commercial Director, Commercial Manager, Senior Service Delivery Manager, Senior Operations Manager, Head of Operations, Charity, Charities, NFP, Not For Profit, etc.