- Job Reference: 00000185-1
- Date posted: 23 May 2019
- Recruiter: Chief Executive
- Location: London
- Salary: £50,000
- Sector: Umbrella, Support & Volunteering
- Job type: Permanent
- Work hours: Full Time
Chief Executive – Exciting Charity
We are the Small Charities Coalition (SCC), an organisation that supports and provides a voice and services for the thousands of small charities that exist in the UK.
Up and down the country, in our communities and on our streets, small charities are doing amazing work, often with little recognition. We won’t let their work go unseen. We make life easier for them by supporting staff and volunteers to access the tools and information they need.
The SCC is a small charity itself, with an income of circa £300k (2017/18) and an enthusiastic team of five staff and three volunteers, working from a small office in London.
We are now looking for a Chief Executive to join us, helping to further raise our impact and make a real difference to small charities across the nation.
- Salary of c£50,000 per annum
- Stakeholder pension
- 33 days’ holiday including Bank Holidays and your birthday off
- Develop new services that will help us to increase our reach
This is an amazing opportunity to use your creativity and entrepreneurialism to drive the success of a small charity with big ambitions and an impressive output.
This is a hands-on role where you will have the chance to roll up your sleeves, work alongside a passionate, skilled team and drive impact by adding new chapters to our success story.
Our Founder, Patrick Cox, wrote in 2008 “Each small charity has the ability, the skills and the knowledge to help and support each other […] that is what charity is about, real change, by helping and supporting one another.”
Are you the high calibre individual we need to make that happen? If so, we want to hear from you.
As our Chief Executive, you will further raise the profile and impact of our organisation.
Initially, you will work with our Board to develop a strategic plan that has the very smallest charities at its heart and is a fundable proposition, as well as securing income for 2020/21 and onwards.
You will lead, motivate and support a team of staff and volunteers to perform at their best and promote the charity’s culture, values and behaviour in all you do.
Additionally, you will:
- Be responsible to the Board for the overall financial health of the charity
- Deliver our communications, marketing and public affairs strategy
- Ensure that we remain responsive to the needs of small charities
- Develop and build relationships with partners, supporters, funders and potential funders
- Represent the charity in public forums
- Make sure that we continue to operate in-line with regulations
To join us as a Chief Executive, you’ll need:
- At a minimum, two years’ experience in a CEO position
- A track record of successfully generating income
- Team building and leadership experience
- Great communication, negotiation and relationship-building skills
The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday, 2nd June 2019. Shortlisted candidates will be notified by Wednesday 5th June 2019, and interviews are scheduled to take place on Wednesday 12th June 2019.
We would like to hear from you if you have worked as a CEO, Chief Executive, MD, Managing Director, Head of Charity, Chief Executive Officer, Charity Director or Executive Director.
The Small Charities Coalition welcomes applications regardless of sex, gender, race, age, sexuality, belief or disability and particularly would like to encourage applications from ethnic minorities.
Working hours: 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday