Chair of Trustees
Lambeth and Southwark Mind is recruiting a new Chair of Trustees. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a high-profile mental health charity responsible for the delivery of mental health services within a local and diverse community.
Chair of Trustees Responsibilities:
We are looking for someone who will be able to:
• work closely and collaboratively with our CEO.
• lead and manage the Board effectively.
• lead on strategy to ensure the charity’s financial health such that it can maintain and develop its services into the future.
• ensure effective governance of the charity.
• demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.
• ensure compliance with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
• act as an ambassador and the public face of the charity.
• devote the necessary amount of time to the role.
Chair of Trustees Requirements:
We are looking for someone with who has the following personal qualities:
• passion and commitment.
• leadership skills.
• communication and interpersonal skills.
• ability to work collaboratively and as part of a team.
• networking capability.
It would be desirable to have experience of some, but necessarily all, of the following:
• a leadership/management role.
• charity governance on a Board of Trustees.
• managing relationships with stakeholders.
• chairing committees/meetings.
About Lambeth and Southwark Mind:
Lambeth and Southwark Mind is part a federation of over 100 local charities affiliated to National Mind. It has independent legal status and is responsible for its own funding and services. Its aim is to provide help for those in Lambeth and Southwark who experience mental health problems, which it achieves by providing a range of free services including the provision of information and signposting, peer groups, and psychotherapy.
The charity has a fulltime CEO who leads a dedicated team of salaried staff, who are aided by a number of very committed volunteers and facilitators. There is also a team of 9 Trustees with a wide range of skills, in governance, law, finance, HR, communications and clinical skills.
We will not give up until everyone in our community who is experiencing a mental health problem gets the help and respect they deserve.
Duration of Term: The Chair will serve a term of 3 years and would be eligible for re-appointment up to a maximum of 3 terms.
Remuneration: The role is unremunerated, although expenses for travel may be claimed.
Location: London and homeworking
• Attendance at 6 Board Meetings per annum
• Attendance at Sub-Committee meetings
• Reading and preparation for meetings
• A variable amount time fulfilling the responsibilities above
How to apply
To apply, please click the 'Apply for this job now' button. You will be redirected to the recruiter's Applicant Tracking System where you will be able to proceed with your application.
Closing date for applications: this is set for 12.00 midday Monday 5th July 2021 but we may bring this forward depending on the number of applications, so please do apply as soon as you can.
Strictly no agencies please.
We welcome applications from people who have lived experience of mental health problems and who have used our services and from those with diverse backgrounds.
Lambeth and Southwark Mind is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Appointment is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check, references and meeting the Charity Commission’s eligibility requirements.
You may have experience of the following: Chairman, Chair Person, Chair, Assistant Chair, Governance, NED Non-Executive Director, Financial Management, CEO, Board Member, Director, CFO, Finance Manager, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Not for Profit, NFP, etc