Are you ready to step up to a great opportunity to lead an innovative, award-winning charity that provides 21st century rehabilitation? Have you worked in a business or a charity, love a challenge and want a thoroughly rewarding job? BASIC-Brain And Spinal Injury Centre is seeking a motivated, talented and creative individual to lead the charity and help secure its future sustainability as the current CEO is steppng down. More important to us are your values over experience as training and support can be provided over an extended handover period.
The primary purpose of the Chief Executive’s role is the leadership of BASIC in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for people with neurological injury and illness in the current challenging health and social care environment. This includes developing strategy and vision, business planning, bid writing, building a positive culture and managing BASIC’s capital. The Chief Executive is required to work jointly with trustees to enable them to fulfill their responsibilities in the governance of the charity.
- Lead the staff team to deliver the strategy agreed with the trustee board.
- Provide strategic direction to the provision of services at BASIC for people living with neurological injury and conditions.
- Develop effective influencing and communications strategies to engage key decision-making stakeholders.
- Work in partnership with other organisations that complement and support the objectives BASIC.
- Represent BASIC to the external audience, including and especially grant giving organisatons, statutory organizations the business community.
- Build and maintain relations with influencers in the local government, health and social care professionals and media.
- Ensure the efficient running of BASIC so that the aims and objectives of the charity can be carried out effectively.
CEO job and person specification
How to apply
Please click the 'Apply for this job now' button to send us your CV in the first instance. We welcome an informal visit to our Centre and further details about us can be found on our website.
Should you have any questions about the role please contact us over email.
Closing date: 18 August 2021
Please mention ACEVO when contacting us from this advert.